Steelwork construction by Steelwork Engineering
Steel is rapidly becoming the building material of choice for a whole range of construction project;, from long-span bridges through to high-rise buildings and industrial units. The advantage which steel offers to the construction industry are widely recognised by architects and building contractors alike, so with this in mind, we thought we’d run through some of the benefits it could bring to your next project.
- Cost: there’s no doubt that cost is one of the major advantages of using steel in construction. In fact independent studies have shown that in the construction of a typical city centre office building, choosing to build the frame and upper-floors using steel frame was 12% cheaper than using concrete.
- Efficiency: creating efficient steel designs maximises the high strength-to-weight ratio of steel, providing larger, more versatile column-free internal spaces.
- Fast construction times: Steel offers the earliest possible on-site start plus an earlier payback on your investment, providing possible time-related savings which can equate to up to 5% of the overall value of the project.
- Safety: steel is safer for construction teams as accurate fabrication work is carried out off-site. Steel is only brought onto a site as and when it is required, reducing the risk of accidents and the need for on-site storage.
- Sustainability: last and by no means least, it’s worth bearing in mind that around 99% of constructional steel used in the UK has either been reused or recycled. Steel can be used numerous times without loss of quality, ensuring sustainability for the future.
Contact Steelwork Engineering
Here at Steelwork Engineering we provide a wide range of steel products and services, including structural steelwork, mezzanine floors, steel refurbishment, walkways, racking and gantries. If you would like more information on any aspect of our services, or to find out more about the benefits of using steel in your construction project, please don’t hesitate to get in touch today.