Steel framed buildings designed and built by Steelwork Engineering
Using steel frames in construction offers a number of advantages over reinforced concrete, for example, and in terms of sustainability and flexibility, is pretty hard to beat. With this in mind, we thought we’d run through some of the advantages that this method of building could offer your business.
The advantages of steel construction
- In comparison to reinforced concrete, steel construction using a prefabricated structural steel frame, could reduce the overall costs of a building project by as much as 3%.
- Prefabricated buildings are exactly as described and because they are largely built off-site, the speed, cost and predictability of erection offer a significant advantage over reinforced concrete.
- Steel construction enables the construction of large unsupported spans, allowing for increased flexibility and future-proof design. Space is maximised, helping to ensure the flexibility of the interior of a building, allowing you to extend or adapt the shape as required.
- Pre-fabricated construction means that building projects are less susceptible to weather-related disruption.
- Services are much easier to integrate in comparison to other forms of building.
- Steel construction offers superior strength to weight ratio, helping to reduce the cost and time associated with building foundations.
- Low-cost efficient fire protection.
These are just a few examples of the many advantages offered by steel construction and by using our design, build and installation service, you could save time and money on your construction project. Steel is the ideal solution to creating a wide range of buildings, from factories, industrial units and warehouses, through to schools, offices and leisure buildings.
Contact Steelwork Engineering to find out more
Here at Steelwork Engineering we have many years of experience in providing our clients with a wide range of highly effective steel solutions, from steel framed buildings, through to mezzanine flooring, staircases, shelving and walkways. If you would like to find out more, or to discuss your requirements, please don’t hesitate to get in touch to speak to one of our experienced engineers.