The benefits of prefabricated steel construction
In comparison to traditional reinforced concreted, steel frame construction offers a wide range of advantages. From lower costs and enhanced sustainability through to flexibility and improved health and safety, increasing numbers of building projects are now making the most of prefabricated steel construction.
When compared to reinforced concrete, steel construction using a prefabricated steel frame can reduce the costs of a building project by up to 3%. Using prefabricated steel makes the most of the advantages of off-site construction, by helping to improve the speed of construction. Prefabricated steel buildings offer a range of benefits including:
- Using prefabricated steel can significantly reduce construction times
- Reduce construction times mean less time spent by fewer people on-site
- Other trades are able to access the construction site earlier
- Better use can be made of the construction site
- Steel resists corrosion and offers increased fire protection
- Services are easier to integrate
- Steel is an extremely durable form of construction material, offering the capability to include large, unsupported spans
- Flexibility is also improved thanks to the ability to create larger open spaces which can be divided up at a later date
- Foundation costs are reduced thanks to steel’s superb strength to weight ratio
- Steel framed buildings can be easily adapted during the construction process; for example if the client wants to alter their plans
Prefabricated steel buildings designed, manufactured and constructed by Steelwork Engineering
Here at Steelwork Engineering we have decades of experience in the design, manufacture and construction of prefabricated steel buildings. From structural steelwork and architectural metalwork, through to steel stairs, walkways and gantries, our products and services offer an excellent way to minimise the cost of a building project.
If you would like to find out more, please don’t hesitate to get in touch for further information, or to arrange an appointment with one of our team.